Monday

Lewis is 12 weeks, and Derby time!


A couple weeks ago S.A.M. had his first Pinewood Derby.  Since Tyler was out of town a lot leading up to it, he put the finishing touches on his car JUST in time!  We had a lot of fun watching him race.  It was also super fun to realize just how competitive some of the dads are in our ward!  They were no nonsense!  S.A.M.'s car did pretty well early on, before he was eliminated.  Funny thing, though - they were playing around racing their cars after the official races were over and we found out that his car was the fastest if it went down the track backwards - so funny.  He had a lot of fun and is so excited to be a scout.

 
Lewis is 12 weeks old - just shy of 3 months old!  We are loving every second with this sweet little guy.  He is a dream.  Even on occasion when I eat something that hurts his little tummy, he smiles at us through his tears.  Sooooo pathetically cute.  He also is an amazing sleeper - he's napped a couple of times for 2 and 3 hours, which by the way is unheard of in this family!  Let me tell you, it's such a blessing for me to have that time to keep this family running smoothly.


James' foot is amazing.  I don't know why, but it must be, because I had to take a picture of it.  He made me!


My early morning kids just love cuddling and laughing with each other.  And the 6am sunshine is dreamy.


Other than that, we've just been busy, busy, busy with normal life.  We are all so happy spring has warmed up, and we were delighted to notice yesterday that fruit is growing like crazy on our fruit trees.  We're looking forward to cherries and plums and apples galore!


1 comment:

Martie said...

SAM, good job on the super fast backwards car. I think I will try that with MY car! Maybe I will drive your cousins around town backwards. You also look so cool/handsome with your missing tooth! James, I love your toesies!! They are cute. Do they taste like candy? And Baby L, You are adorable! I wish I could squish you! I love you all.