Saturday

1. What did you do in 2009 that you've never done before? 
Bought our very own house.  Gave birth to our 4th child.  Lived in the NICU for a couple of weeks.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for 2010?

I didn't make any for 2009 - I was just trying to survive, and I did!  2010 is The Year of Happy.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 

I did, and one sister, and 3 sisters-in-law, and my 3 closest friends.  A year of babies!

4. Did anyone close to you die? 

No.  What a blessing.  There were 3 close calls, at least.

5. What countries did you visit? 

None.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? 

In 2009 I spent all too much time fully sure that I was at the end of my rope, or fully stretched in my ability.  I forgot how to maintain happiness in the face of day-to-day hardship.  In 2010 I have vowed to not just find happiness (what a fleeting concept), but to BE HAPPY.  Consistently and now.

7. What date in 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why? 

James' birth was an amazing miracle of timing and circumstance.  His birth in another time and place could have been a very different story.


Aug. 13-28th - are those the real dates?  I should find out.  The longest days of my entire life.  The deepest sorrow I've ever experienced.  The greatest outpouring of love and support one could hope for.  A reaffirmation of miracles, blessings, and a loving Father in Heaven.

8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? 

Learning to be a real advocate for my son.  I'll probably need to re-learn this many times over.

9.What was your biggest failure? 

Succumbing to my own personal weaknesses and being a very grumpy mom for too long of a time.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury? 
Was sick through a large portion of my pregnancy, but other than that, I've been blessed to be healthy.

11. What was the best thing you bought? 

Our house!  I LOVE having our first home and yard.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? 

My mother-in-law's.  She was there for our entire family, put aside her own life to help us - I don't know what we would have done without her.
My mothers'.  She stretched herself when she visited, making efforts and helping in ways above and beyond what I ever expected.
Every single person who prayed, fasted,  practiced faith, and generously gave love towards my beautiful baby.
Tyler.

13. Whose behavior made you apalled and depressed? 

A horrible, blinded, foolish doctor.
Someone who knew better hurting someone who was too little to know better.
A relative who can't look past personal differences to find love for me.

14. Where did most of your money go? 

food, shelter, and clothing.

15. What did you get really, really excited about? 

moving OUT of the bunkhouse and into our home!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

An entire amazing album that we listened to a LOT.

17. Compared to this time last year are you a)happier or sadder, b)fatter or thinner, c)richer or poorer. 

Happier, thinner, poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? 

I wish I'd been happier!

19. What do you wish you had done less of? 

Whining!

20. Did you fall in love in 2009? 

I don't believe in falling in love.  Love is a choice, and I choose to love those I love every day.  New loves?  James.  And my new friend, Margie.

21. What was your favorite TV program? 

Community makes me laugh a LOT.  I watch it on hulu every once in awhile.

22. Do you hate anyone this year that you didn't last year? 

No.  I don't hate.  I have very complicated negative feelings for that horrible doctor, though.

23. What was the best book you read? 

I read a couple of obscure LM Montgomerey books that amazed me.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? 

Pomplamoose.

25. What did you want and get? 

Our home.  We got this particular home because Tyler knew it was important to me, and better for me.  He loves me!


A healthy and thriving baby!!  Not to be underestimated or taken for granted.

26. What did you want and not get? 

To be completely materialistic - a Bosch mixer and a GREAT camera.  But I didn't actually think I would get them, anyway!  If wishes were mixers and cameras!

27. What was your favorite film of this year? 

Um?  
Ooh.  His Girl Friday.  Saw that for the first time.

28. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? 

I was 2 days post-childbirth, I got mastitis, and I think I turned 31.

29. What one thing would have made your year more immeasurably satisfying? 

What's not to be satisfied with?  Baby is healthy and thriving.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept? 

Currently?  What ever is on clearance and whatever fits.
Officially?  Classic line and fit, casual, subtle elegance.  Not trendy.  Audrey Hepburn.

31. What kept you sane? 

Responsibility and hard work.  




Thanks, sister.  You are a wonderful example!

8 comments:

Peg Lewis said...

This is wonderful, and what a great year to chronicle in such a way! I hope you keep a copy, safely tucked away, for future enjoyment and support. Thanks for that one comment: I would do it forever with the teeniest encouragement. I do believe you turned 31 and eternal this year. You are an example to me in every way. Love you beyond words.

Elizabeth said...

loved it! And love you and your wonderful family!

Real said...

Oh my gosh. Community cracks me up. Especially the first episodes. These latest ones are lacking. But even so, I still laugh out loud. Rah, human beings! And how can you not love Abed?

Martie said...

Thank you for sharing your year with us! I love that there are surprises in there. And that's kind of why I do these things. I get surprised about myself sometimes too. I'm glad for your happinesses and for all you have learned. Here's to a happier,even better 2010. I love you!

Branden & Jamie said...

This is so cute, I love this picture! I know we didn't make it over to you guys this past weekend, but let's plan something and make it happen. I'm not kidding! Miss you guys. Send my love to everyone.

Martie said...

i love you!

Elaine said...

Community is the BEST show ever!

Don't forget to enter to win a tankini of your choice!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Martie said...

January to June equals 5 months.