Tuesday


Big Lake





This morning started out pretty badly, I'm not going to lie.  I didn't sleep much or well last night, and the kids woke up early and on the wrong side of the bed.  I remember sighing and wondering just how slowly this day was going to go only to look at the clock to see it was only 7:26!

We kind of slogged through breakfast and chores and school work.  There was maximum drama, and minimum patience - not a great combination!

Tyler came home from a short day of work and decided we all needed to get out.  He loaded the kids into the truck with all the equipment we needed for a day of fishing, and begrudgingly, I promise, I climbed on in, too.  (A few quiet hours and a date with my pillow were what I was kind of hoping for.)

The day went on.  It wasn't all perfect and beautiful.  There were attitudes and fights and pouts and tears.  But, eventually we all kind of faded back into our normal selves.  Eventually we remembered to have fun, to enjoy our amazing surroundings, and even to be nice to each other.

Tonight was much better - happiness, cooperation, helping, cuddles, smiles, love.  All in all, the day WAS long and slow, but also pretty wonderful.

2 comments:

Martie said...

"Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies." ~Erich Fromm


Way to resurrect your day.

Katie Richins said...

I l o v e that.