Friday



Mother's Day is coming.  So, here's the deal - I can't tell you what I GAVE for Mother's Day, because my own dear mom reads this here blog, and I goofed her gift, which won't actually arrive until a surprise moment AFTER Mother's Day.  I get the organized daughter award - I'm just that awesome.

But, I can tell you what I'm getting for my big day - I ordered it myself, because I knew what I wanted.  Isn't that so tacky?  But, seriously, if gifts come only so often, why not get something you love?  To give credit where it's due, Tyler and the kids come through for Mother's Day without fail, and I'm sure whatever they would have had in mind would have been lovely.



I love how this project turned out.  I don't have a stash of vintage buttons, but if I came into some, I think Mads and I would love doing it together - unless she took them all for necklace making, instead.  And I love the fact the the buttons are meaningful - connecting generations of women.

I love these simple, embroidered blue and white constellations, found here.  They're beautiful, I think perfect for my boys' room, and not too intimidating a project for this not-needle-talented mom to pull off.

And, if I were embroidery inclined, I'd also love to do this project.  The results are incredible.

This picture is surreal and ethereal.  It's hard to believe a place like this actually exists.  I'd love to picnic there, wouldn't you?

And, holy cow, I think we need to make these.  Mads would fweak out.  They look amazing!



Remember that yard sale I mentioned?  That's what I'm up to Saturday.  How about you?  Anything fun on the calendar?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

So funny, I was going to blog about the gift I bought myself for Mother's Day as well. My kids don't know that I bought it myself. They think Dad bought it and they are just giving it to me for the big day. I'm so stinkin' excited for them I can hardly stand it!