Tuesday

Muddy waters blocked our way through the stream to get home. Tyler waded through and brought back out 4-wheel-drive truck to load our stuff and ourselves into. While he was gone, the dogs gave me a nice, excited, muddy welcome.

Our water was out when we got into the house. Tyler took his muddy self to the tank and fixed things right up. Too bad it took a few days for the water to not be orange anymore.

Then Tyler took that same muddy self of his to the barn, and counted our animals. 5 missing chickens, one missing chick, and our last duck is nowhere to be found. But the next morning Mademoiselle discovered that we have a new barn dweller – a Diamondback Rattlesnake.

I made dinner with the little bit of food that was in the house, and after I cleaned up, I realized that the full dishwasher wouldn’t turn on. The next day I got it to run for a minute, but stopped it when I smelled that burny appliance smell. (It’s nothing like the new car smell.)

The next night, Tyler got home from work, and half an hour later, just as we were drifting off to sleep, we heard a sound. It was S.A.M., very sick and having a hard time breathing. Tyler and S.A.M. got home from the ER at 5am. S.A.M. slept in until 8. Tyler left for work by noon.

Now that all of that’s out of the way, we can move on to the good stuff!



Look down…see the rest of S.A.M.’s pictures?
He’s a character, I tell you!



And I thank my muddy goodness for Tyler.

No comments: